Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Melanie S. Harris
Chief Information Officer
The Office of Information Technology seeks to create a technology infrastructure that:
- Fosters technology-rich learning environments in classrooms
- Improves administrative systems for the optimal management of the School District through data-driven decision making.
The technology infrastructure includes telecommunications, networks, administrative systems, hardware operations, and classroom technology tools.
In Philadelphia, the integration of technology into the learning process is deemed to be of critical importance to the academic agenda. As a result, the Office of Information Technology commits to the following:
- Technology will be integrated into the teaching and learning process, including curriculum, instruction, and assessment, in accordance with state academic standards;
- Schools will be equipped with the proper technical infrastructure and staff;
- The district will provide access for parents to important educational and student information;
- Teachers will be provided with appropriate training;
- Students will be provided with opportunities to become knowledgeable technology users.
The district will also develop technology that supports:
- Efficient business processes to manage the business of the district;
- Timely information regarding student performance;
- Information access to parents, teachers, administrators, and students.