Advanced Senior Year (ASY)
The Advanced Senior Year (ASY) Program is designed for qualifying high school seniors to complete their senior year of high school at the Community College of Philadelphia. By the end of senior year, students enrolled in ASY will have the ability to earn their high school diploma as well as up to 27 college credits towards an associate degree with a Liberal Arts focus. This opportunity will give students a jump-start on a college career and provide exposure to more rigorous coursework in preparation for academic success.
COLLEGE CREDITS EARNED
- A maximum of 27 college credits per program can be earned (Liberal Arts)
- Community College of Philadelphia, 1700 Spring Garden Street
- Mandatory five-week summer program, July 11 – August 9, 2023, Monday – Thursday
- 50 total available seats
- Complete and submit the Google SYOP application (be sure to indicate ASY as one of your program preferences)
- Complete the Community College of Philadelphia Application using the below instructions. Completion of the CCP application does not guarantee ASY Acceptance.
- Go to: https://ccp.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/Account/Login
- Create an account providing all required information (name, email, high school, graduation date, term (Summer 2023) and academic program (Advance at College). Student creates a password and clicks on “create account”.)
- Student clicks “Start New Application” and completes the application in full. The application has 5 sections: Personal, Demographics, Plans, Academic, and Signature. 1. Click “save and continue” at the bottom of each page.
2. In the Demographics section:
*Enter your social security number. If you do not know your social security number save the application and come back to it once you have the number. If you do not have a social security number, enter 999-99-9999.
*On the “How do you plan to pay your tuition” question choose Other
3. In the Plans section, choose PC-Dual Enrollment for the Student Type, Unmatriculated as the Intended Program of Study and Advance@College as the High School Program.
4. In the Academics section, For the question, “Have you/ will you graduate from High School”, click YES
5. Preview your completed application before submitting it.
- After completing the application, students will be brought back to the dashboard. They will see their application in the My Applications window.
- Within 3-5 days, the student will receive an email from CCP containing her/his CCP student ID number (J#) and will, at that time, be able to take the placement assessment.
- After submitting the online application, you will receive an email with a link to the FERPA & Consent form. To complete the form you will need to enter your name and email, the names and emails of a parent/guardian and school official AND you will need to sign the form. The link will only work ONCE.
*The exam scores will determine program eligibility
*Students will be notified of acceptance in June 2023