Get Ready for an AMAZING Senior Year!
Are you searching for an academic challenge while getting a jumpstart on your college career? How about the opportunity to explore lucrative and interesting career fields?
The Senior Year Only Program seeks to prepare high school seniors for both college AND career by connecting classroom learning with real-world applications in the workplace. Students enrolled in S.Y.O.P. either take classes on a college campus, spend time at the Fox Chase Farm earning industry certifications in urban agriculture, or get hands-on experience with Comcast. The Senior Year Only Program is a full school year commitment and is designed for 2021-2022 high school seniors who are on track to graduate. Lunch and transportation are provided.
The application deadline is April 30, 2021!
- Get a jump start on a college degree
- Get started on a lucrative career and earn industry certificates
- Choose from a variety of programs that both interest and challenge you
- Ease the transition to college academics and build confidence
- Explore college life and the opportunities it offers
- Temple Education Scholars
- Comcast Internship Program
- Advanced Senior Year (ASY) – Liberal Arts Focus
- Urban Agriculture
- Urban Agriculture & Landscape Design
- Animal Science and Food Systems Relationships
- Every student who will earn at least 17.5 quality credits by the end of junior year is eligible to apply. Quality credits include:
- 3 English credits
- 3 Math credits
- 3 Science credits
- 3 Social Studies credits
- 2 World Language credits
- 2 Elective credits
- 1 PE credit
- .5 Health credit
- Advanced Senior Year participants must obtain a qualifying score on the Accuplacer Exam or have a qualifying GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Temple Education Scholars participants must have a 3.0 GPA or higher through their junior year of high school.
Register for one of the information sessions below:
–>MARCH 25 INFORMATION SESSION at 4 P.M.
- Register in advance for this meeting: https://philasd-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYpdOmgrDsrHN3njkjvB1eIiZ0jfJYzJlgC
–>APRIL 8 INFORMATION SESSION at 5 P.M.
- Register in advance for this meeting: https://philasd-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMsc-6vrTMpG9IwXqsrHe30vCFTJIiNqmVw