When and who can visit the Re-Engagement Center (REC)?

  • No appointment is necessary to visit the REC. Anyone who is at least 15 years old and is interested in obtaining their high school diploma or GED is welcome to visit our office! We are located at 440 N. Broad Street in Philadelphia, 19130. Walk-in hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm.

What can I expect when I visit the Re-Engagement Center (REC)?

  • During your visit to the REC, you will begin the intake process. This includes completing some initial paperwork which tells us about the student and why he/she is out of school. Then, you will meet with a Specialist who will explain your options for returning to school and try to match you to a program that best fits your needs. We want each visitor to leave our office with the knowledge and information necessary to re-connect to school.

Where are the Accelerated High School located?

  • Our accelerated schools are located all over the city. Please visit our Schools at a Glance page for more information.

How can I get back into school after being released from a juvenile placement facility or a residential placement facility?

  • After coming back from a placement facility all students must go through the Student Transition Center (formerly RETI-WRAP) before being assigned to a school. The Student Transition Center is located at 440 N. Broad Street, 2nd Floor. Call 215-400-4830 for more information.

How do I enroll my child into a disciplinary school?

  • Parents cannot voluntarily enroll their child into a disciplinary or transition school. Students must go through the School District’s Disciplinary Transfer Process to be assigned to a disciplinary school. Please visit the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for more information.

What if my child is expelled from the School District?

  • The School District of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and positive learning environment for all students. When a student commits a serious violation of the Code of Student Conduct, the student must be suspended from school for a period of 1 to 10 days. Students who are referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for a disciplinary hearing to receive full due process to determine whether or not the student will be expelled.

How long will I be on the Accelerated High School waiting list?

  • The process may be different for each school depending on capacity. We contact students on the waiting list as soon as seats become available at each individual school. It is important to keep your contact information up to date so that a REC staff person can reach you. Call 215-400-6700 to update your numbers now!

Are there uniforms requirements for these schools? Is transportation provided?

  • Yes, accelerated high school programs and EOP sites have uniform requirements. Accelerated High Schools follow the School District’s Transportation Policy – which is that any student 21 years old and younger living 1.5 miles of more from his/her school will be eligible for a free SEPTA student pass.