Dance and Creative Movement
Dance education gives students the freedom and permission to question and explore life through movement. Students will demonstrate their abilities and understanding of dance through:
- Creating, performing and producing dance.
- Critical response, aesthetic response, meaning and interpretation in dance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural and historical contexts in dance.
- Incorporate the four elements of dance: Space, Time, Effort and Force.
- Demonstrate proficient technical competency in at least one genre of dance: Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Ballroom, Social, and World Cultural dance.