BFHS SLA Design Phase
Guiding Principles (K12 Design Best Practices)
- Design for pedagogy / leverage architecture as an effective medium for enhancing teaching and learning
- Create a safe, inviting, exciting environment for all
- Provide flexible, differentiated spaces and places that acknowledge and respond to a wide range of learning styles and preferences
- Look to the future by providing real-world environments for collaboration
- Capitalize on benefits of shared resources
- Respond to context, culture, and specific needs design
What is a Design Charrette and what should I expect?
A design charrette is an intensive planning session where citizens, designers and others collaborate on a vision for development. It provides a forum for ideas and offers the unique advantage of giving immediate feedback to the designers. More importantly, it allows everyone who participates to be a mutual author of the plan. Charrettes are organized to encourage the participation of all. Ultimately, the purpose of the charrette is to give all the participants enough information to make good decisions during the planning process.
Stantec is a fully-integrated architecture, planning, and engineering firm with a rich 72-year history designing educational environments across the United States. The value of working with a leader in educational facility design is that you are assured of innovative design and exceptional results. They are experts at delivering their clients’ projects on time and within budget. As specialists in education, they focus their resources on developing innovative design solutions that draw upon the most successful strategies in K-12 education. These innovations support our efforts to more successfully advocate for students, deliver effective education, and operate our schools in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Read more about STANTEC here.