The mission of Capital Programs is to provide a safe, health and welcoming learning environment for every student. We realize this mission by acknowledging that our buildings require ongoing maintenance, and identifying and supporting investments in these buildings. Currently, we are working on some substantial improvements.
School-Based Building Improvements
Building Improvements & Capital Projects fall into the following categories:
– Comprehensive upgrades and improvements to the entire interior of a school building
– Usually includes upgrades to the exterior as well
– Structural renovation
– Pavement repair or replacement
– School yard/playground upgrades
– other student learning areas
– Replacements (boiler, roof, etc)
– System replacements/upgrades (electrical, fire alarm, HVAC, etc)
– Environmental stabilizations and/or abatements
Construction or installation of:
– Entirely new structures
– Building additions
– Modular spaces
Most Capital Projects include an environmental component – like asbestos abatement or lead paint stabilization. Visit the project sites below for full project scope details.
Schools Under Construction:
The schools in the map below are in the construction phase, meaning that a specific project has begun and construction work is underway. We will update the map as new projects begin. Click a map point to view project details in the map. Underneath the map, you can find school-specific websites for each construction project. Many school-specific project websites are also under construction so please continue to check back.
New School at Ryan Avenue
Overbrook Education Center