Future Ready PA / Naviance
Future Ready PA
The Future Ready PA Index is a collection of school progress measures related to school and student success. The Index includes a range of assessment, on-track, and college and career readiness indicators, to more accurately report student learning growth, and success in the classroom and beyond.
With the implementation of the new Future Ready PA mandate we are dedicated to ensuring that students are supported in meeting the goals set forth for grades 3-12. Naviance is the central resource used in tracking and recording our students college and career readiness electronic portfolios.
For more information about Future Ready PA please visit the Naviance Resource Site for Parents and Students.
Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness tool that helps schools align student strengths and interests to postsecondary goals, improving student outcomes and connecting learning to life. The School District of Philadelphia utilizes Naviance to fulfill Future Ready PA: Career Portfolio Scope and Sequence with students in grades 3-12.
Naviance will allow students and parents to have hands on involvement in the postsecondary planning process. Students will be able to build a resume, complete online surveys and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers. Some of the features of the platform are shown below:
- Research Careers – Naviance offers the “Career Interest Profiler” as an online career interest assessment for students based on Holland’s interest codes. The “Do What You Are” feature begins with a personality inventory and concludes with a report describing the student’s personality type, potential careers, and related majors. The results link students directly to detailed career profiles, which include educational requirements, salary data and in some cases even multimedia presentations. Students may also link directly to the college database to find colleges that offer an educational path to each career.
- Take a Learning Style Inventory – The innovative Learning Style Inventory gives important insights about how students learn in order to help each student achieve maximum potential. The tool assesses the following dimensions that affect a students’ learning: immediate environments; emotionality; sociological needs; and physical needs.
- Research Colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from schools for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Apply for Scholarships – Check the most up-to-date list of scholarships that are on the local, state and national level.
- Access to Roadtrip Nation– As most of us know, life happens. We end up taking different roads, making different choices and the next thing you know you’ve landed in a career that you love but didn’t expect. This is actually the lesson students learn with Roadtrip Nation, a career exploration resource that connects young people to careers that are true to their interests. Roadtrip Nation started as a road trip in 2001 when a handful of American college students piled into a bright green, barely functioning 1985 RV and traveled the country asking people who do what they love how they figured it out.