GEAR UP Programming
All 12 GEAR UP high school receive a variety of programming:
College and Career Services
- Throughout high school, students have access to resources that support their postsecondary planning. In addition, all GEAR UP (GU) schools are offered workshops to enhance college and career readiness.
Enhanced College Visits
- Students have the opportunity to attend campuses through enhanced experiences with partners like Explore Colleges where students not only learn about admissions processes and academic requirements, but also are exposed to local landmarks and engagement in fun educational activities during planned visits.
School Leadership and Instructional Professional Development
- Enhanced training around designed to increase knowledge for college, career and academic enrichment is provided at all 12 GEAR UP high schools.
Leadership & Career Development
- The Urban League of Philadelphia/ TriZen provides the Adopt-A-School Program wherein a local business or corporation adopts a GEAR UP high school to provide leadership development workshops for our students. Several other partners will also provide Leadership Development for our students at each GEAR UP school.
- GEAR UP offers an array of summer experiences to provide students with additional support for post secondary readiness. These programs are designed to provide continuity of learning and bridge the gap between the classroom and real-world experiences.
Tutoring and Mentoring Services
- Tutoring is provided by our college/university partners and local organizations, and happen in class or after school. Partners include:
- Princeton Review (Homework help)
- Periodically, parents and guardians are invites to participate in workshops related to college and career prep for their high school student. Topics vary, but have included: financing post secondary education, money management, study skills and connecting to resources for success.