Naviance is a college and career readiness solution that helps districts and schools align student strengths and interests to postsecondary goals, improving student outcomes and connecting learning to life.
All students in grades 6 thru 12 have access to this online portal.
All school administrators, teachers and counselors have received login information over the past two years in order for you to use this online portal. If you do not have your login information, please reach out to Ms Cathey White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help your students use this portal for college and career preparation, career exploration, self discovery, resume writing, academic planning & college and scholarship searches.
On this site you will also find: Road Trip Nation Videos, College and Career Readiness Curriculum for the different grades that you can assign to your students, view results of your students’ learning styles inventory and strengths explorer assessment. You can set up your classroom and assign tasks. You can send your students emails. You can also pull up reports to see lists of students that have completed the assigned tasks as well as percentages of completion. You will be able to keep track of your high school seniors and submit their transcripts to the various colleges through this portal. Students can also email you to request recommendation letters for college which you can then submit through this portal. Lots of stuff… There are many YouTube videos online from different schools throughout the country with tutorials on how to use the site.
Naviance Trainings are held at the SDP building throughout the year to train SDP staff that are utilizing the portal at their schools. Please check PD Planner regularly. If appropriate, Naviance can also come to your school to provide training for administration and teachers.
The School District of Philadelphia has certain targets that all schools need to meet and they are as follows:
School Level Metrics
- Engage 6-8 grade students with Naviance Curriculum.
- 7th and 8th grade students: Complete Learning Styles Inventory
- Engage students in grades 9-12 with Naviance Curriculum.
- 9th and 10th grade students: Complete Strengths Explorer Assessment and explore suggested career pathways
- 11th grade students: Complete College Super Match college search.
- 12th grade students: Report post-high school plan including colleges they’re applying to, complete Graduation Survey developed by the District and hosted on the District’s student portal.
- Increase the amount of scholarships applied for, through Naviance by 30%.