Enrichment & Summer Programs
Below are several summer enrichment programs offered in Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW)
- Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW) is a one-of-a-kind summer program that offers incoming high school juniors and seniors a unique and challenging opportunity to see what it is like to run their own business.
Temple University – College Credit Courses for High School Students
- Get ahead of your college career by enrolling in college courses early! High School students may register for any undergraduate classes that do not have prerequisites.
Temple University – Summer Academy
- This three-week program will give you a challenging academic college experience. Earn academic credit from a nationally and internationally recognized university and participate in workshops and non-credit courses that provide unique experiences, insights, and instruction that enhances summer learning.
Temple University – Boyer College of Music and Dance Summer Programs
- From piano to percussion, ballet to modern dance, spend your summer unlocking your creativity in a city well known for its vibrant music scene and cultural flair.
Temple University – Tyler School of Art Summer Programs
- For more than 25 years, Tyler School of Art has offered non-credit studio workshops designed to meet the needs of beginning, intermediate, and advanced level high school students. Discover a wide spectrum of hands-on studio workshops and camps this summer.
Temple University – College of Engineering Summer Programs
- The College of Engineering is actively engaged in nurturing science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) studies in our community and with our region’s youth. Find out more about our STEM department and available programs.
Temple University – College of Science & Technology Summer Programs
- Work in a lab, in the field, or in a classroom during our exciting summer programs. Get hands-on with real-world science, robotics, forensic science and more!
Temple University – EducationUSA Academy at Temple University
- Temple University in partnership with EducationUSA is proud to offer this fun-filled program to International high school students who are 15 to 17 years old.
MITE2S – Minority Introduction to Engineering, Entrepreneurship, and Science
- This program is a six-week residential program at MIT for rising high school juniors. The students take classes at MIT and interact with their faculty and students. The program is free; the only costs are transportation to and from MIT. Visit the website to see other summer programs, internships, scholarships and engineering societies.
SAMS Summer Academy of Mathematics and Science
- This is a six-week residential program at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. This is open to rising junior and rising senior students. This program has a challenging curriculum with programs that build academic and personal skills. The students are responsible for books, supplies, transportation, and recreational expenses. The average cost of these expenses is around $300. Carnegie Mellon also has other summer programs that have tuition expenses, however, applicants to SAMS may be recommended for these programs at the cost of the SAMS program.
Quest Scholars Program
- A five-week long summer program for high school students at Stanford University. The larger program associated with the Quest Scholars works to support the students throughout their college years. The students in this program are low- income and interested in science. The program is free.
High School Summer Research Internship Program at Drexel University
- A paid research internship through Drexel College of Medicine. The students work on a unique project related to the research goals of that particular laboratory under the direction of the laboratory manager. This is an eight-week program that is not residential. At the end of the summer, the students develop a presentation about their research.
Monell Science Apprenticeship Program
- Seven-week paid summer research experience for Philadelphia-area high school and undergraduate students interested in biomedical science. Participants often return for multiple summers throughout high school and college.
The Wistar Institute Summer Fellowship Program in Biomedical Research
- 8 week paid summer research experience for School District of Philadelphia high school students.
LEAD – Leadership, Education, and Development
- 3-4 week residential summer programs in business, engineering and computer science at universities around the country, including UPenn and Villanova
Pre-Engineering Summer Camps from the Engineering Education Service CenterThis website is a list of summer programs that target female and minority students. The programs are listed with a brief summary of the program and the link to the website for the program. Some of the programs listed have a cost associated with them, however many times there is financial assistance associated with the programs to reduce the cost for qualifying students. The information on this website is updated often.
West Point Summer Leaders Experience
- SLE gives high school juniors a week to experience life as a cadet to inform their college selection decision. SLE is a fast-paced program of academic classes, military training, physical fitness training, and intramural athletics conducted during the month of June each year. You must have standardized test scores to be considered for SLE.