General Guidelines for Posting in the Principals’ Resource Newsletter
The Principals’ Resource Newsletter, formerly and somewhat affectionately known as the Principals’ Information Board (or PIB for short), seeks to be a repository of important information communicated from central administrative offices to school-based administration. Occasionally, school-based administration also share important information with colleagues. As another benefit of this conduit of information, we all get a little closer to being on the same page in understanding our interrelated functions.
The newsletter is usually issued via email on Thursdays – barring any inclement weather, other unforeseen challenges, or a shortened work week – directly to all Principals, Assistant Principals, Executive Team leadership, and other central office staff who requested to be added to the mailing list. If the District has a shortened work week (for example, closed on a Monday), the newsletter will be posted on a Friday.
The current format for the email is to list “What’s New” for this upcoming week, and to list a recap of what was new from the previous week.
General Guidelines for Posting in the Weekly Newsletter
If you have material to post in the newsletter, please follow these general guidelines:
- indicate a title for your post
- submit the message/content you want communicated, in the way you hope for it to be formatted (some formatting may not work well in WordPress; we can discuss one-on-one)
content, even if it’s a short blurb or a sentence, is now required to go with any emailed attachments
- submit your content and any attachments no later than the close of business on Tuesdays; exceptions to this deadline are only granted on a case-by-case basis for urgent issues or for shortened work week (if the District is closed on a Monday, submissions are due by COB on Wednesdays, with the newsletter posted on Friday)
- clearly identify who readers can contact with questions
- linked content can be an attachment (PDF/ Word/ Excel), a hyperlink to a website, a document hosted on Google drive, or attached/embedded media images such as jpeg or png files
- ensure all included links and attachments are functioning correctly
- tables do not post well on WordPress; if you have a table, we should connect about the necessary, additional lead time for formatting, or to discuss other possible options
- indicate an end date for when the posting should be removed from the newsletter
If you have questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact Marille Thomas at email@example.com or 215-400-6078.