Working Papers by In-Person Appointment
The Office of Career & Technical Education is responsible for issuing working permits for all Philadelphia students ages 14 to 18.
Please note: Working Papers WILL NOT BE REQUIRED for any WorkReady Summer 2020 opportunities.
** Due to COVID-19, The School District of Philadelphia will be issuing Working Papers at the 440 Education Center through APPOINTMENT ONLY on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00am to 2:00pm through a safe and secure process that follows COVID-19 restrictions. **
Please be aware that everyone is required to wear face coverings and maintain 6-feet distance from others.
Working Papers In-Person Appointment Location:
School District of Philadelphia
440 North Broad Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19130
How to Get Working Papers
1. Make your “In-Person Appointment” – click here.
2. Print your “Application for Work Permit” – click here.
* You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the file. If you cannot print, you may get the application at your in-person appointment (in which case your Parent must be present to sign form).
3. Bring your completed application to your assigned appointment time along with your proof of age.
* Acceptable documents include birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, driver’s license, or school ID as long as the form of identification lists the date of birth.
** The minor must be present for the issuance of working papers.
*** Parent/Guardian must be present if application is not previously signed by Parent/Guardian.