Working Papers by In-Person Appointment
The Office of Career & Technical Education is responsible for issuing working permits for all Philadelphia students ages 14 to 18.
Please note: Working Papers WILL NOT BE REQUIRED for any WorkReady Summer 2020 opportunities.
** Due to COVID-19, The School District of Philadelphia will be issuing Working Papers at the 440 Education Center through APPOINTMENT ONLY on Wednesdays 2:00 – 5:00 pm and Saturdays 8:30 am – 12:30 pm through a safe and secure process that follows COVID-19 restrictions. **
Please be aware that everyone is required to wear face coverings and maintain 6-feet distance from others.
Working Papers In-Person Appointment Location:
School District of Philadelphia
440 North Broad Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19130
How to Get Working Papers
1. Make your “In-Person Appointment” – click here.
2. Print your “Application for Work Permit” – click here.
* You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the file. If you cannot print, you may get the application at your in-person appointment (in which case your Parent must be present to sign form).
3. Bring your completed application to your assigned appointment time along with your proof of age (Please be sure to bring your parent/guardian signed application. Uploading virtually does not work for In-Person appointments).
* Acceptable documents include birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, driver’s license, or school ID as long as the form of identification lists the date of birth.
** The minor must be present for the issuance of working papers.
*** Parent/Guardian must be present if application is not previously signed by Parent/Guardian.