The School District of Philadelphia aligns policies and practices with the education subtitle of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. Foster/Kinship care,
Refugees, Asylum seekers, and families in temporary living situations are not required to submit all documentation when applying. These Families have 90 days after enrollment to submit necessary documentation listed below.
- Application Documentation
- Proof of child’s date of birth
- Documentation of family income
- Proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance
- Proof of Philadelphia residency
- Child’s health insurance card
- Physical (health assessment) and Immunizations
- Completed dental form
- Picture identification of parent/guardian
2. Fill out the application (see sidebar).
3. Are you applying to a School-Based Location? Bring the application and required documentation down to 440 North Broad. We are open M-F 8:30 am – 4 pm. You can also drop off the application and supporting documentation at one of our registration events around the city.
4. Are you applying to a Community Partner Location? Take the application and supporting documents directly to that agency.