The School District of Philadelphia aligns policies and practices with the education subtitle of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. Foster/Kinship care,
Refugees, Asylum seekers, and families in temporary living situations are not required to submit all documentation when applying. These Families have 90 days after enrollment to submit necessary documentation listed below.
1. Application Documentation
- Proof of child’s date of birth
- Documentation of family income
- Proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance
- Proof of Philadelphia residency
- Child’s health insurance card
- Physical (health assessment) and Immunizations
- Completed dental form
- Picture identification of parent/guardian
2. Fill out the application (see sidebar).
3. Are you applying to a School-Based Location? The Prekindergarten office is currently closed and no phone calls can be answered. For more information regarding School-based Prekindergarten programs, click this link and fill out the Contact Form. Someone from the intake team will respond as quickly as possible.
4. Are you applying to a Pre-K Partner Location? Please note that the Prekindergarten office is currently closed and no phone calls can be answered. For more information regarding Prekindergarten Partner locations, click this link and fill out the Contact Form. Someone from the intake team will respond as quickly as possible.