Prekindergarten Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
Preschool Policies and Procedures
Our preschool policies and procedures make it possible for us to
- Continue our preschool programs through complying with state and federal regulations
- Provide high quality preschool programs, which are free of charge
- Ensure the safety of your children while they are with us
We especially want you to know about our policies regarding:
- Child and family must be residents of Philadelphia
- Free program for families who meet the eligibility requirements, up to the maximum funded capacity
- Programs enroll three and four year olds (entering children must be three years old by September 1), and five year olds must be five years old after September 1)
- Programs operate during the school year
- Programs operate during school hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and pm snack provided
Our Escort Policies Ensure Your Child Is Safe
The best way to ensure that your child is safe while going to and from school is to follow our escort policies. All of our preschool programs share the same escort policies.
- Parents or an escort designated by parents are required to use the escort book to sign their child into and out of the center each day.
- Parents or an escort designated by parents are required to accompany their child into the classroom.
- Children are only released to persons whose names appear on the center records as an escort.
- Escorts must show picture identification, for example, a driver’s license or employer or school ID.
- Escorts must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- It may be necessary for a parent, guardian or escort to be contacted during the day. Make sure that your child’s records always include updated addresses and telephone numbers of two escorts who are willing to be available during school hours to care for your child if necessary. It is important that your child know the escort.
- Describes the Dress policies which will allow children to participate safely and comfortably in preschool
All of the Office of Early Childhood’s preschool programs follow the same policies regarding how children should dress for the day. So that your child can be safe and comfortably participate in all activities, we ask the following:
- Children should wear comfortable clothing that will allow for active participation in program activities
- Socks are to be worn at all times
- Only sneakers or closed shoes should be worn\Jewelry, small beads and other fashion accessories are unsafe and must not be worn
- Describes the District’s standard preschool Curriculum and presents typical daily schedules. For more information, click here.