Programs and Services
An Overview of Our Programs and Services
The Office of Early Childhood Education provides supportive programs and services for PreK and Kindergarten children. All our programs and services share important standards:
- Families and children are valued
- Children are nurtured in safe, secure and responsive settings
- Children are engaged in a well-planned, developmentally appropriate curriculum
These programs and services include:
Preschool Services – for families who have 3-4 year old children. These services address the needs of those families who:
- Meet the low Income Eligibility Requirements of the federal Head Start program
- Need preschool and meet the Income Eligibility Requirements set by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Click below to find a high quality Pre-K in your area:
Kindergarten Programs and Initiatives – for families of children entering or already in kindergarten who need a smooth transition from preschool to kindergarten
Literacy Activities – for educators and parents who want to strengthen literacy for children and families through providing support to families.
PA PreK Counts and Head Start Partnerships – for community preschool providers who want to work with The School District of Philadelphia to provide preschool. For more information regarding Pre-K Partner or Head Start Partner programs, dial 215-400-4270, choose option 2.