Internet Safety for Schools
Schools are required under the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) to educate minors about appropriate online behavior, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites, in chat rooms, and cyber bullying awareness.
There are a number of strategies available to help schools meet these requirements.
- School Assemblies-Hold a school assembly or series of assemblies to cover critical information.
- Use resources created by Netsmartz.
- Contact Educational Technology Staff for more information.
- Provide Direct Instruction
- Internet Safety Units are available in the Computer and Digital Literacy curriculum for K-8 Schools.
- Internet Safety lessons for High School are available in the Instructional Management System.
- Classroom Embedded Content
- Teachers complete an online presentation through National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- Turn around content in their own classes.