District Family Engagement Action Group
Bringing Family Voices to the Table
What is the District Family Engagement Action Group?
The District Family Engagement Action Group is an opportunity for family leaders to become more informed about School District of Philadelphia policies and initiatives. In turn, members will provide input to District leaders and build relationships to amplify family voices. Members will champion the work of family engagement in their school communities by sharing information, best practices, and District news.
The objectives of the District Family Engagement Action Group are to:
- increase family participation in decision making;
- establish a network of community resources;
- foster collaboration between families and school/district staff;
- equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning; and
- evaluate family engagement efforts for continuous improvement.
Last modified: January 12, 2022