One method of providing continuity of education is providing instruction and related services, to the extent appropriate, through video conferencing and other virtual/online platforms.The School District of Philadelphia (“School District”) has made all reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of protected student education records while providing services virtually and participation is limited to assigned students. As in a physical classroom setting, students may be able to see other students receiving instruction or services. In addition, the School District is unable to control who else may be in the room in which a student is receiving these services remotely, including other family members or others who are living with the recipient students, who may observe the virtual session. Likewise, the School District cannot control what is visible in the room in your home in which the student is receiving the services.
Privacy Notice for Digital Learning
Therefore, the School District expects that all families will review and follow the below guidelines and expectations to respect the privacy interests of all students:
- The School District may record the live classroom instruction for students who are unable to receive the instruction during the digital learning period or as a reference to assist students in completing work.
- Parents, students, and others (including guardians caregivers, siblings, or other family members or persons in the same location as the student) shall not make or maintain audio or video recordings, screen shots, or photographs of course content, classroom activity, or other group communication, or students that are conveyed via the virtual services.
- Parents, students, and others shall make every effort to ensure that no one other than the student and, if necessary, an individual assisting the student, scheduled to participate in a virtual service can see or hear the virtual service.
- If parental or other third-party involvement in digital learning is necessary to enable a student to participate, the individual assisting the student shall not re-disclose any information about any student involved in the virtual activity.
- If electronic equipment malfunctions in any way, the planned virtual services will continue as scheduled.
- If there are Technology Issues call 215-400-4444 or by email FamilyTechSupport@philasd.org
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please email Covid19info@philasd.org.