Complete FBI Background Check OR Sign Volunteer Affirmation Form
If you have lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years…
The volunteer must affirm their 10-year Pennsylvania residency by signing the Volunteer Affirmation sheet.
The FBI Criminal History Background Check is NOT required if the volunteer has been a resident of Pennsylvania for the past ten years and swears or affirms that they have not been convicted of a prohibited offense listed in existing law or a similar offense in another jurisdiction.
You can find the Volunteer Affirmation sheet below.
If you have NOT lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years…
FBI Criminal History Background Check with Fingerprinting
*PLEASE NOTE: As of November 28, 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Education has changed the FBI Criminal History Background Check provider from 3M Cogent to IdentoGo.
First, you are required to pre-enroll with IdentoGo. Before you go to an IdentoGo site to get your fingerprinting done, you must pre-enroll via their website.
To Pre-Enroll for your FBI Fingerprint Clearance on the IdentoGo website:
- Click here to go to the IdentoGo website.
- You will be prompted to enter a Service Code to get started. Enter code 1KG6Y3, which indicates that you are being fingerprinted for volunteering in the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Click on “Schedule or Manage Appointment.”
- Click “Yes” to acknowledge that you are getting fingerprinted in order to volunteer and not for employment purposes.
- Fill in your Essential Information, Additional Information, Citizenship Information, Personal Questions, Personal Information, Mailing Address, and Documents.
Once you are done pre-enrolling, you must find a IdentoGo site and schedule a time to get your fingerprinting done.
- After you have finished successfully pre-enrolling, you must schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted at one of the IdentoGo sites. Click here to search for sites.
- For your appointment, make sure to bring necessary identification to confirm your identity and a form of payment. IdentoGo locations accept business check, money order, or credit card.
For more information about the transition visit the Digital Fingerprint & Electronic Criminal Background Check Services Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).
For more information about the registration and fingerprint process visit the PA Department of Education’s Federal Criminal History Background Check page.
Questions? Need Assistance?
The School District of Philadelphia is not involved in the fingerprinting process. If you have questions, please contact IdentoGo at (844) 321-2101 or the Pennsylvania Department of Education at (717) 783-3750.