2018-19 Focus Schools: Harrington
Recommendation: Academic Improvement Plan
Beginning next school year, 2019-2020, Harrington will receive additional funding and support to implement an Academic Improvement Plan that focuses on quickly creating better learning opportunities for students. Plans will be developed by the school principal and their planning team and include essential steps to enacting school improvement. Specifically, plans will include:
- major challenges
- root causes
- a long-term improvement goal to becoming a model/reinforce school
- compelling school vision, mission, core values
- multi-year improvement overview
- focused objectives in instruction and climate
The planning process will begin in February and continue through June.
Harrington was designated a focus school because it meets the three basic criteria:
- The School Progress Report score (SPR) for the school has been in the lowest performance tier – Intervene – for three consecutive years.
- The three year SPR average for the school is less than or equal to 15.
- The school does not currently have a major intervention in place (such as the Acceleration Network, School Redesign Initiative, etc…)
For more information on Harrington, including their newest SPR score, please visit the school profile page and search “Harrington.”
Documents and Downloads
Presentations and other important materials will be posted here as soon as they are available.