2017-18 Focus Schools: Steel
Steel was designated a focus school because it meets the three basic criteria:
- The School Progress Report score (SPR) for the school has been in the lowest performance tier – Intervene – for three consecutive years.
- The three year SPR average for the school is less than or equal to 15.
- The school does not currently have a major intervention in place (such as the Turnaround Network, School Redesign Initiative, etc…)
**Information session on this recommendation will be held on March 6th at 4:30pm.**
Enter the Acceleration Network
Accelerated student achievement through a highly-structured approach grounded in research and focusing on the essential elements of successful school acceleration.
- Identify and cultivate great acceleration leaders
- Establish a teaching and learning continuous improvement process
- Build instructional capacity of teachers
- Support a healthy and safe learning environment
- Engage the school community in the acceleration process
If you are unable to attend one of the live meetings, please use this link to send your feedback and ideas.
Documents and Downloads
Presentations and other important materials about the process will be posted here as soon as they are available.