Senior Year Only Program (SYOP)
What is S.Y.O.P?
The Senior Year Only Program: S.Y.O.P seeks to prepare high school seniors for both college and career by connecting classroom learning with real-world applications in the workplace. Students enrolled in S.Y.O.P will spend up to five days on a college campus or several days a week at a training facility, learning real-world 21st century technical skills and earning industry certifications. The Senior Year Only Program is a full school-year commitment.
S.Y.O.P Program Offerings
- Advanced Senior Year (ASY) at Community College of Philadelphia – 1700 Spring Garden St.
- Students will complete their senior year on a college campus
- Students can earn up to 24 transferable college credits
- Comcast Internship Program– various locations within Philadelphia
- For student who have an interest and some experience in Information Technology and electronics.
- Students earn $12.25 an hour and are assigned a professional mentor
- Temple Education Scholars (TES) – 1801 N. Broad St.
- For student who are interested in the teaching profession
- Students earn up to 15 college credits in the education field
- Urban Agriculture – 8500 Pine Road, Fox Chase Farms
- Students will earn the following industry certifications: OSHA 10, Serv Safe, PA Pesticide Applicator’s License, and STIHL Landscaping Equipment Use Training Certification
- Students will become entrepreneurs in urban agriculture, learning all aspects of urban production, including agribusiness and sales among other important skills.
Why participate in S.Y.O.P?
- Save thousands of dollars by getting a jump start on a college degree
- Choose from a variety of programs that both interest and challenge you
- Ease the transition to college academics and build confidence
- Avoid “senioritis” by staying engaged in learning
- Explore college life and opportunities it offers
- Lunch and Transportation provided
Apply for S.Y.O.P by clicking HERE!
Questions? Get in touch with the Office of High School Support 215-400-4000 or email SYOP@philasd.org
Senior Year Only Program S.Y.O.P Objectives:
Anchor Goal 1
100% of students will graduate ready for college or career
The District’s graduation rate continues to trend in the right direction. Great schools are not the product of one year’s work and the District continues to strengthen and improve the safety, climate, and culture of our high schools to create environments that support academic success.