Help Us Refine Our Plans for A Full Return to In-Person Learning
Next School Year
At the School District of Philadelphia, our goal for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year is to welcome all of our students back to school for full in-person learning five days a week, beginning on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 – the first day of school.
Please take the 10-minute survey below by Friday, May 28, 2021, and share with us what excites you and concerns you about returning to in-person learning.
We are also offering 5 focus group meetings (see below) to welcome feedback in a small setting.
Welcoming students back to our classrooms, surrounded by caring educators, is the best opportunity to help them heal and recover from the devastating impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. By completing this short survey or participating in one of the scheduled focus groups, you can help us to best meet your child’s in-person learning needs and plan for a successful 2021-2022 school year.
Your input will help us to further refine our plans which, based on initial public input, includes a significant increase in student and school supports, including:
- expanded before-school and after-school programs, and tutoring supports,
- more social services and school-based behavioral and mental health supports,
- more counselors and school-level positions,
- additional resources for special education and ELL students and families, and
- facilities improvements to address asbestos, certify schools Lead Safe and create 21st-century learning environments.
Thanks in advance for sharing your voice!
Note: The District is exploring a 100% digital learning option for families for whom a return to in-person learning would pose a significant challenge. Based on feedback from our educators, hybrid learning (a mix of in-person and digital learning) is not a sustainable option and will not be offered next school year.