ELD Instructional Guide
Have you ever wondered…
- Where can I find essential practices for ELs?
- How do teachers support ELs?
- What are key instructional look-fors in a classroom with ELs?
Well…wonder no longer!
OMCP has exciting news to share! With meaningful feedback from stakeholders, OMCP has developed an English Language Development (ELD) Instructional Guide that outlines essential practices and instructional look-fors needed for ELs.
As a part of the Academic Support Framework, this ELD Instructional Guide:
- Aligns with other SDP instructional guides
- Reflects SDP’s overarching philosophy of EQUITY, ACCESS, and INCLUSION for educating ELs
- Supports language acquisition in ALL academic disciplines
- Guides ALL teachers of ELs in implementing high leverage practices that facilitate both language acquisition and content learning
- Provides a framework for “high-challenge/high-support” instruction in all content areas
- Please note that this document is a live link that will have updates. If downloaded as a PDF, you will not have the most recent updates.