The Multilingual Assessment Center is ready to help new multilingual students navigate the enrollment system. We serve immigrants, refugees and students who speak a language other than English. For enrollment, the MAC will evaluate students’ educational history and English language skills via the Student Education History, Home Language Survey, and W-APT (for Kindergarten) or WIDA Screener.
Please note that during Covid-19, the enrollment and screening process is different. Please see the process here.
Enrollment can occur at any time during the school year, either at the neighborhood school or at the MAC.
To enroll a child in a District school, a parent/guardian needs to present the following documents:
- Proof of the child’s age, such as a birth certificate or passport
- The child’s immunization records
- Two documents providing the parent/guardian’s address, such as a lease or utility bill
The following items cannot be requested during enrollment:
- Social Security Number
- A child’s or parents’ visa
- Agency record
- Proof of immigration status
On the right-hand side of the page, see the important documents you will need to enroll.