The Multilingual Assessment Center is ready to help new multilingual students navigate the enrollment system. We serve immigrants, refugees and students who speak a language other than English. For enrollment, the MAC will evaluate students’ educational history and English language skills via the Student Education History, Home Language Survey, and W-APT (for Kindergarten) or WIDA Screener.
Enrollment can occur at any time during the school year, either at the neighborhood school or at the MAC.
To enroll a child in a District school, a parent/guardian needs to present the following documents:
- Proof of the child’s age, such as a birth certificate or passport
- The child’s immunization records
- Two documents providing the parent/guardian’s address, such as a lease or utility bill
The following items cannot be requested during enrollment:
- Social Security Number
- A child’s or parents’ visa
- Agency record
- Proof of immigration status
On the right-hand side of the page, see the important documents you will need to enroll.