The MAC helps students and families from immigrant and refugee communities navigate the enrollment and assessment process. We want to make these transitions as seamless as possible.
Please note that students can enroll at any time either at their neighborhood school or at the MAC. However, every year we have a Summer Registration window to speed the enrollment process during August. For more information please go to the following link: Registration of New Students Who May Speak a Language Other Than English.
MAC Functions & Services:
- To assist immigrant families with the enrollment and identification process
- To assess potential English Learners (ELs)
- To determine program and school placement (ESOL, Dual Language, Newcomer Learning Academy, etc.)
- To review foreign high school transcripts and collaborate with other offices to award credits
- To input assessment data to the Student Information System (SIS)
- To provide social service support for immigrant families through collaboration with community partners