Support for Your Child

Getting Behavioral Health Support for Your Child

Dear School District of Philadelphia Family,

The School District of Philadelphia works closely with the Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services (DBHIDS) and Community Behavioral Health (CBH) to link students with behavioral and mental health resources. Families can also inquire about accessing services by contacting DBH/CBH Member Services here.   If you need assistance you can also reach out to your School Counselors for help.

The integrated model used in Pennsylvania to mobilize school and community-based resources (including DBH, CBH and other resources) to address behavioral, mental health and addiction concerns is the Student Assistance Program (SAP).  Your school counselor is a part of your school’s SAP team.   Click here to learn more about SAP.

If your child is having a behavioral health emergency or crisis, there are also numbers you can contact for immediate guidance and assistance.  Please refer to the Blue Side Bar for those numbers.  In times of emergency or crisis, we often forget where we put phone numbers.  Keeping these numbers handy (putting them in your phone, for example), and sharing them with your family members can save critical time.