The Board of Education has established the following committees to assist in governance of the School District of Philadelphia. All committee meetings are open to the public and meeting materials are available on each of their webpages. More information on Board committees can be found in Board Policy 004.1 School Board Committees.
The Board of Education of the City of Philadelphia has constituted and appointed a Policy Committee. This Policy Committee will provide governance oversight of the District’s existing and any proposed policies established by and pursuant to applicable laws and regulations as well as coordination and reconciliation of existing or any proposed policies among any other committees of the Board.
Authority & Responsibilities:
- Meet quarterly during the school year;
- Setting and publishing meeting dates for the Committee;
- Reviewing and recommending policies for consideration by the Board;
- Reviewing and reconciling any existing and proposed policies originating or functionally deriving from and among any and all committees of the Board;
- Providing reports to the Board, as necessary or as requested by the Board; and
- Performing additional duties as assigned by the Board.