Speaker Registration Form – Joint Committee Meeting
Meeting Location: Remote Video Conference; Livestream available: https://www.philasd.org/pstv/watch/
Speaker Request Form Due: June 10, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
Written Testimony Due: June 10, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
In order to comply with public health guidelines, the Board of Education will hold its previously scheduled June committee meetings via video conference. The Board will hold a joint meeting of the Finance and Facilities Committee and Student Achievement and Support Committee on June 11th. The Board will suspend its usual procedures for public comment at committee meetings given the video conference format. Public comment will be allowed as follows:
– Members of the public are invited to register to speak in advance of the meeting by no later than 4 p.m. on June 10, 2020, by submitting this form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or leaving a voicemail at 215-400-5959.
– Speaker testimony will be grouped and heard as related to each committee. Testimony will be grouped into two categories: Related to Student Achievement and Support and Related to Finance and Facilities.
– All registered speakers will be asked to identify whether their topic relates to Student Achievement and Support or Finance and Facilities when completing this online registration. All other topics will be registered for the June 25, 2020 Action Meeting.
– The Board will hear up to thirty minutes (30) of speaker testimony on each category of topics. Thus, public comment will not exceed a total of 60 minutes.
– Each speaker will be allowed three (3) minutes to share their testimony. Board Members may engage in dialogue with registered speakers at their discretion.
– Registered speakers will receive information from the Office of the Board of Education on the morning of June 11, 2020, with information on how to participate during the meeting.
Written Testimony: Members of the public are encouraged to submit written testimony in advance of the meeting by 4 p.m. on June 10th. Written testimony can be submitted by emailing email@example.com. There will be no limit to the number of written submissions accepted and all written testimony will be made a part of the public record of the meeting. Copies of all written testimony will be provided to Board members in advance of the meeting and publicly posted with the materials of this meeting at 12 p.m. on June 11th. While the Board commits to posting written testimony publicly, the Board reserves the right to make redactions in accordance with the Pennsylvania Right-to Know Law.
We will make every effort to answer questions that are submitted by you in your written comments. Your comments and feedback are critically important to us as we respond to the challenges of this historic time. Thank you for your flexibility and engagement in helping us better support our students, families, and staff.