Speaker Registration Form – Joint Committee Meeting
Meeting Location: Remote Video Conference; Livestream available: https://www.philasd.org/pstv/watch/
Speaker Request Form Due: October 7, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
Written Testimony Due: October 7, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
In order to comply with public health guidelines, the Board of Education will hold its previously scheduled September committee meetings via video conference. The Board will hold a joint meeting of the Finance and Facilities Committee and Student Achievement and Support Committee on October 8th. The Board will suspend its usual procedures for public comment at committee meetings given the video conference format. Public comment will be allowed as follows:
– Members of the public who wish to speak are invited to register in advance of the meeting by no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, by submitting this form, emailing email@example.com, or leaving a voicemail at 215-400-5959.
– Speaker testimony will be grouped into two categories: Related to Finance and Facilities and Related to Student Achievement and Support.
– All registering speakers are asked to identify whether their topic relates to Student Achievement and Support or Finance and Facilities when completing this online registration. Speakers on all other topics will be registered for the October 22, 2020 Board Action Meeting.
– The Committees will hear up to four (4) speakers per topic.
– Each speaker will be allowed three (3) minutes to share their testimony.
– Registered speakers will participate in the remote meeting via audio only.
– Registered speakers will receive information from the Office of the Board of Education via email on the morning of Thursday, October 8th, 2020, on how to participate during the meeting.
Written Testimony: Members of the public are encouraged to submit written testimony in advance of the meeting by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 7th. Written testimony can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no limit to the number of written submissions accepted and all written testimony will be made a part of the public record of the meeting. Copies of all written testimony will be provided to Committee members in advance of the meeting and publicly posted with the materials of this meeting at 12 p.m. on Thursday, October 8th. While the Board commits to posting written testimony publicly, the Board reserves the right to make redactions in accordance with the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law or other applicable law.
We will make every effort to respond to questions that are submitted in written comments. Public comments and feedback are critically important during the challenges of this historic time. Thank you for your flexibility and engagement in helping us better support our students, families, and staff.