Speaker Registration Form – Policy Committee
Meeting Location: Remote Video Conference; Livestream available: https://www.philasd.org/pstv/watch/
Speaker Request Form Due: September 9, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
Written Testimony Due: September 9, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
In order to comply with public health guidelines, the Board of Education will hold its previously scheduled Policy Committee Meeting via video conference at 4 p.m. on September 10th. The Board will suspend its usual procedures for public comment at public meetings given the video conference format. Public comment will be allowed as follows:
– Members of the public who wish to speak are invited to register in advance of the meeting by no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9, 2020, by submitting this form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or leaving a voicemail at 215-400-5959.
– All registering speakers are asked to identify whether their topic relates to a draft policy listed on the Policy Committee Agenda when completing this online registration. Speakers on all other topics will be registered for the September 17, 2020 Board Action Meeting.
– The Committees will hear up to four (4) speakers per topic.
– Each speaker will be allowed three (3) minutes to share their testimony.
– Registered speakers will participate in the remote meeting via audio only.
– Registered speakers will receive information from the Office of the Board of Education via email on the morning of Thursday, September 10, 2020, on how to participate during the meeting.
Written Testimony: Members of the public are encouraged to submit written testimony in advance of the meeting by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9th. Written testimony can be submitted by emailing email@example.com. There will be no limit to the number of written submissions accepted and all written testimony will be made a part of the public record of the meeting. Copies of all written testimony will be provided to Committee members in advance of the meeting and publicly posted with the materials of this meeting at 12 p.m. on Thursday, September 10th. While the Board commits to posting written testimony publicly, the Board reserves the right to make redactions in accordance with the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law or other applicable law.
We will make every effort to respond to questions that are submitted in written comments. Public comments and feedback are critically important during the challenges of this historic time. Thank you for your flexibility and engagement in helping us better support our students, families, and staff.