Speaker Request Form – Action Meeting
This speaker registration form is for those who are interested in speaking at the reconvened Board of Education Action Meeting on July 30, 2020.
Meeting Location: Remote Video Conference; Livestream available: https://www.philasd.org/pstv/watch/
Speaker Request Form Due: July 29, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
Written Testimony Due: July 29, 2020 @ 4 p.m.
In order to comply with public health guidelines, the Board of Education will reconvene its July 23rd Action Meeting via video conference at 4 p.m. on July 30, 2020. The Board will suspend its usual procedures for public comment at Action meetings given the video conference format.
– Members of the public are invited to register to speak in advance of the meeting by no later than 4 p.m. on July 29, 2020, by submitting this form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or leaving a voicemail at 215-400-5959.
– Speakers will be limited to the topic of Action Item 15, Reopening Health and Safety Plan (As Amended).
– We will be limiting speakers to 30 minutes of speakers on Action Item 15 as amended.
– We will not hear from speakers on any other Action Item or topic at this meeting.
– Each speaker will be allowed three (3) minutes to share their testimony.
– Registered speakers will receive information from the Office of the Board of Education on the morning of July 30, 2020, with information on how to participate during the meeting.
Written Testimony: Members of the public are encouraged to submit written testimony in advance of the meeting by 4 p.m. on July 29th. Written testimony can be submitted by emailing email@example.com. There will be no limit to the number of written submissions accepted and all written testimony will be made a part of the public record of the meeting. Copies of all written testimony will be provided to Board members in advance of the meeting and publicly posted with the materials of this meeting the morning of July 30th. While the Board commits to posting written testimony publicly, the Board reserves the right to make redactions in accordance with the Pennsylvania Right-to Know Law.
Feedback Form: Members of the public can also share feedback by completing the District’s Feedback form here: https://www.philasd.org/coronavirus/schoolstart2020/#feedback. There is no limit to the number of responses accepted.
We will make every effort to answer questions that are submitted by you in your written comments. Your comments and feedback are critically important to us as we respond to the challenges of this historic time. Thank you for your flexibility and engagement in helping us better support our students, families, and staff.