Central Office Coordinated Professional Development
The Office of Teaching and Learning supports the work of all PD facilitators and instructors in our performance and learning management system, Cornerstone.
When your office is facilitating a workshop on district-wide PD days
- Click here for the 2018-2019 professional development calendar.
- If your office is planning to facilitate a professional development workshop on a district-wide PD day, please click here to access the guidelines to inform your planning.
- Instructors must submit their session rosters to complete the attendance process within three business days of the session. Click here for resources that explain how to submit attendance in Cornerstone.
- Delete registrants who did not attend. This allows the Office of Teaching and Learning to place them back into their school’s roster so they can be marked present if they remained at the school for PD.
When your office is facilitating a workshop on a day other than a district-wide PD day
- Instructors must submit their session rosters to complete the attendance process within ten business days of the session. Click here for resources that explain how to submit attendance in Cornerstone.
- If your session is taking place outside of the workday (e.g. after school or on a weekend), clearly explain in your session description if eligible participants will be compensated.
- Mark absent registrants as no-shows because these registrants do not need to be assigned anywhere else. They can remain affiliated to the session but just marked as being absent.
Responsibilities of the Instructor Role in Cornerstone:
- Submit information to your office’s Instructor Superuser to have the workshop posted in Cornerstone
- Delete registrants
- Add walk-ins
- Add registrants
- Override the maximum capacity
- Manage waitlist
- Enter and submit attendance
- Verify credit for Act 48 or non-Act 48 submission
- Print attendance sheets for sign-in
- Access the emails of participants