Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, the Department of Transportation Services has outlined the following procedures:
- If the School District of Philadelphia public schools are closed, transportation to and from all schools (public, non-public, and charter schools) will not be provided by the District or its vendors.
- In the event of a two-hour delay for District public schools, all buses for all schools (public, non-public, and charter schools) will run on a two-hour delay. For example, if there is a two hour delay and your student’s pick up time is 7:15 am, the delayed pick up time would be 9:15 am.
- In the event of an early dismissal for the School District, all buses will run on an early dismissal schedule.
- If you would like to check the status of your bus, please check our bus status page.
- You can call the District’s hotline at 215-400-INFO, or visit the District’s website (www.philasd.org).
- In the event that schools are closed due to inclement weather, a decision will be made in each instance as to whether administrative offices, including regional offices, will remain open. Unless it is announced that administrative offices are closed, assume they will be open.