Compass Access for Charter School Users
- First obtain credentials to access COMPASS by completing an SDP_ExternalUserForm for access to COMPASS.
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A designee from the Department of Transportation Services will sign off as your district sponsor and email the form to the IT Helpdesk for COMPASS access.
- New users will receive an email from email@example.com with their usernRouting Analyst Assignment List to confirm your Routing Analyst and get their contact information.ame, password, and a link to the School District of Philadelphia SDP portal to login to COMPASS.
The Department of Transportation Services is committed to making the process of fulfilling student transit requests as easily and efficiently as possible. The first step in this process is to determine whether a student is eligible for transportation.
Please navigate to the School District of Philadelphia School Reform Commission Transportation page to view guidelines on student transportation.
Determining Student Transportation Eligibility in COMPASS
In order to determine eligibility, all pertinent data is entered into our mapping software called COMPASS. COMPASS is a web-based program that creates our District-wide bus routes. COMPASS is built using the leading, widely popular, and standard GIS technology platform from Esri. This is the same technology used by the majority of federal, state, county, municipal and school district agencies. Our Routing Analysts use COMPASS to assign transportation services to students and communicate the transportation assignments to schools.
Understanding how COMPASS works will help you facilitate your students’ transportation as well as communicate with parents and guardians about their transit and routing concerns and questions.
Requesting Transportation For Your Students
To request and change transportation for students School Administrators must:
- Ensure the student information has been entered into your Infinite Campus (IC) correctly. Please visit the IT Training and Support page for detailed information on entering your students in IC.
- Submit a Transportation Access Request (TAR): this is what tells a Routing Analyst a student qualifies for Yellow Bus transit.
- Once you submit your TAR, your Routing Analyst will use the student information in COMPASS and review existing routes to put the student on the most efficient route.
- For students who are eligible for TransPasses, a TAR is not required. If a student is eligible for a TransPass, COMPASS will automatically assign the TransPass once the student has been entered into the SIS. For details on the TransPass distribution process, please visit our TransPass Guidelines page.
Please view the COMPASS video training tutorials at right to learn how to submit TARs for your students and access important Transportation Reports such as Route Operation Reports (RORs).
If you need additional training support, contact your Routing Analyst. Please view the Routing Analyst Assignment List to confirm your Routing Analyst and get their contact information.
You can also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request training support.