Parental Mileage Reimbursement

Parental mileage reimbursement is provided in the event that Yellow Bus service cannot be provided or if TransPasses are not provided for students eligible for transportation. The Department of Transportation Services has a policy and guidelines for determining who is eligible for reimbursement. For more information on Parental Mileage Reimbursement policy, please contact your school’s Scheduling Analyst.

When a parent or guardian inquires into mileage reimbursement, the steps for school staff are as follows:

  1. The parent or guardian must fill out a Mileage Reimbursement Form, and submit that form monthly.
  2. If a student is new to the program, the guardian must submit a W-9 Form with the Mileage Reimbursement Form, or if the student address has changed, a W-9 form must be submitted for updates.
  3. Each school must submit completed forms each month to the School District.
  4. Forms must be submitted before the second week of the month to receive reimbursement in a timely manner.
  5. If the District receives any forms after the second week of the month, the reimbursement will be processed at the end of the month.