District Re-Opens Registration for Select Summer Programming Sites
The School District of Philadelphia announced yesterday that it is re-opening registration for its 2022 summer program opportunities at select sites based on capacity. Families can register their child(ren) now until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 8.
Due to limited space available, immediate registration is requested. Students will be enrolled on a first come, first served basis per site location and grade.
The following programs and locations will re-open registration:
Rising grades 1 to 7:
- Alain Locke School – Rising third through seventh grade students
- The Girard Academic Music Program (GAMP) – Rising fourth through seventh grade students
- Samuel Powel School – Rising first through seventh grade students
- Cook-Wissahickon School – Rising first, third, sixth, & seventh grade students
- John Moffet Elementary School – Rising first through seventh grade students
- Frances E. Willard Elementary School – Rising sixth and seventh grade students
- Rhodes Elementary School – Rising sixth and seventh grade students
- Samuel Gompers School – Rising first through seventh grade students
- The Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts – Rising eighth Grade Students
- Kensington Creative & Performing Arts High School – Rising eighth and ninth grade students
- Martin Luther King High School – Rising eighth and ninth grade students
- West Philadelphia High School – Rising eighth and ninth grade students
- Benjamin Franklin High School – Rising eighth and ninth grade students
Summer School (formerly Credit Recovery) has remained open and will close on June 4.
Through partnerships with the City and local organizations, these opportunities will combine project-based learning with extra-curricular programming, providing a fun and safe environment for students to continue learning during the summer months.
The District opened registration for all summer programming on April 7. Summer programming begins on June 27 and runs through August 5. Programs will take place in-person at 31 schools across the city for students entering grades one through 12, and can serve more than 9,500 students.
Families can register in-person with the Office of Student Enrollment and Placement at 440 N. Broad Street or online. For more information and to register for these summer programs, visit philasd.org/academics/summerprograms.