THE SCHOOL SELECTION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Depending on the type of school listed on the application will determine what happens next. If you applies to a:
- Neighborhood School – your name will automatically go into the lottery for that school but the results from the lottery won’t be made known until January 15, 2021.
- City Wide School – you must attend an interview to have your name placed in the lottery for that school but decisions won’t be made known until January 15, 2021. If you are unsure as to when the interviews will be scheduled, please review that school’s website or the City Wide and Special Admission School Requirements Table and contact that school for more information.
- Special Admission School – each school reviews academic records to determine if a student meets or comes close to their Admissions Criteria. Some Schools will have an Interview, some Schools will hold Auditions and one school will organize a group writing session. These happen between November 16, 2020 and January 5, 2021. If you are unsure of any additional requirements of the schools you applied to, please review the City Wide and Special Admission School Requirements Table.
After all the Interviews, Auditions and group writing sample happens, students and families will be made aware of all school decisions and lottery outcomes on January 15, 2021. The way you receive your notification depends on how the application was submitted:
- Applications submitted through the Family & Student Portal will have decisions posted there
- Applications submitted using the Non-District Student Process will have an e-mail sent to the address or addresses used on the application
Once you receive your Decision from the Schools, you will need to respond if an approval is received. If no approval or a wait list decision is received, no response is needed.
For more detailed explanation, you may visit Important Dates and Times.