Student Enrollment & Placement
If by chance you have not heard from the school you believe your child is supposed to be enrolled in for the 20-21 school year, we encourage you to view that school’s website to see if there is important information regarding New Student Orientation. If you need assistance finding that school’s website, you may use the School Directory Search Tool.
Welcome to the Office of Student Enrollment & Placement
Online Registration for new students has begun
The School District of Philadelphia has developed an online process allowing families to complete the Student Registration Process before school resumes in September 2020, in a completely virtual environment.
- Allows students going into Kindergarten all the way up to 12th grade to apply to a different school other than the assigned neighborhood or feeder school.
- Students can apply up to five (5) different School District of Philadelphia Schools (Special Admission, City-Wide and other Neighborhood Schools but excludes Charter, Catholic or paid tuition schools).If a student has a support IEP, Medical 504 Plan or an English Language Learner, they automatically qualify for an advocacy process called LeGare.
- This process allows for an EQUAL opportunity for these students to attend a Special Admission High School.
- LeGare ONLY applies to 8th Graders going into 9th grade.
- LeGare does NOT guarantee admission. Students still must meet or come close to admissions criteria and the school MUST be able to provide reasonable accommodations that do not substantially alter the way the curriculum is delivered.
The McKinney-Vento Act is a federal law that ensures the right of students to go to school even when they are homeless or don’t have a permanent address. The Act aims to reduce barriers that have prevented many homeless youth from enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school, including:
- residency requirements; and
- documentation requirements, such as birth certificates and medical records.
For more information, please contact the ECYEH Office.
To provide Philadelphia families with the information you need for school registration, placements and transfers.