Updated Spectator Guidelines for School District of Philadelphia Athletic Stadiums
Dear School District of Philadelphia Families, Partners and Community,
The School District of Philadelphia is proud to offer a thriving athletics program as we know that participation in sports can have a long-standing impact on both our students and our school communities. As we continue to rally behind and support our student-athletes, coaches and teams, we want to share updates to our spectator guidelines that prioritize the safety of our student-athletes, families and spectators, while allowing our competitions to take place safely and without interruption.
Effective immediately, and for the duration of the fall sports season, any spectator who attends a high school athletic event at a District stadium will be expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All spectators must comply with security checks in place at athletic events.
- All students under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Only high school students supporting the home or visiting teams will be permitted entry into the game. Students may not purchase tickets unless they present a student ID, and may only gain entry to the game if they present both a ticket and a student ID on site.
- Parents, guardians and other adult spectators will be permitted to purchase a ticket at the ticket booth on site. Entry will not be permitted to ticketed games without a purchased ticket, regardless of the amount of time remaining in the game.
- Once spectators leave the ticketed game, they will not be permitted to re-enter.
- No spectators will be permitted to enter the game after halftime has concluded.
- Any suspicious individuals or activities should be reported to District staff and District school safety officers immediately. We remind our community that if you “see something – say something.”
- SDP reserves the right to deny entry and/or remove anyone from the athletic venues for failure to comply with District spectator expectations.
- Guests are prohibited from bringing in items larger than a wallet or small purse. Large bags, backpacks, duffels, balls, boxes, etc. will not be permitted in District stadiums or gyms.
- Fans must be seated in stands or bleachers for sporting events. Loitering during sporting events is not allowed.
Again, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. We appreciate everyone’s efforts in upholding these guidelines so that the sports fan experience continues to be safe and enjoyable for everyone who visits our athletic facilities. Thank you for your continued partnership and support of our students.
Chief of School Safety
The School District of Philadelphia