Spectator Guidelines for School District of Philadelphia Athletic Events – Winter Season
Dear School District of Philadelphia Families, Partners and Community,
The Winter season is fast-approaching and we are eager to head into another winter athletics season to showcase the work and talents of our student-athletes and coaches. As we continueto prioritize the safety of our student-athletes, families and spectators, we want to share updatesabout our spectator guidelines that allow our competitions to take place safely and without interruption.
Effective immediately, and for the duration of the winter sports season, any spectator who attends a School District of Philadelphia high school athletic event at any District or non-District facility will be expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All spectators must comply with security checks in place at athletic events.
- All elementary or middle school students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Only high school students supporting the home or visiting teams will be permitted entry into the game. Students may not purchase tickets unless they present a student ID, and may only gain entry to the game if they present both a ticket and a student ID on site.
- Parents, guardians and other adult spectators will be permitted to purchase a ticket at the ticket booth/table on site. Entry will not be permitted to ticketed games without a purchased ticket, regardless of the amount of time remaining in the game. No spectators will be permitted to enter the game after halftime has concluded.
- Once spectators leave the building, they will not be permitted to re-enter.
- 6. Any suspicious individuals or activities should be reported to District staff and District school safety officers immediately. We remind our community that if you “see something – say something.”
- The District reserves the right to deny entry and/or remove anyone from the athletic venues for failure to comply with District spectator guidelines.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing in items larger than a wallet or small purse. Large bags, duffels, balls, boxes, etc. will not be permitted in District stadiums or gyms.
- Spectators must be seated in stands or bleachers for sporting events. Loitering during sporting events is not allowed.
- Individual schools may have additional spectator guidelines based on their gymnasium’s capacity and layout. Spectators are encouraged to reach out to the school prior to attending the event.
Again, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. We appreciate everyone’s efforts in upholding these guidelines so that the sports fan experience continues to be safe and enjoyable for everyone who visits our athletic facilities. Thank you for your continued partnership and support of our students.
Kevin J. Bethel
Chief of School Safety