How to Be An Upstander
Almost 50% of teens see at least one bullying or taunting incident in school every day. Almost 30% see these types of episodes at least once a week.
What Can Students Do When They Know Someone is Being Bullied?
· Get help from an adult when you see or hear someone being bullied
· Avoid gossip; refuse to spread rumors
· Refuse to join in when someone is being bullied
· Create a distraction to draw the bully/bullies away
· Include someone who is being left out from an activity
· Speak up when someone is being bullied
Most bystanders KNOW the bullying is wrong, but only 35% actually do something to help. To stop this epidemic from spreading, everyone must get involved. If you see or hear bullying happening, do something!