Welcome to the Pre-K application resource center.
If you are still deciding which Pre-K to attend, we can help. There are approximately 200 locations to choose from, so we can find the perfect fit for you. For many of our families, choosing a location that is close to home is critical. We have provided two lists of our options, each broken out by zip code, to help you.
Why two lists? Because they fall into two categories (“School-Based” and “Community-Based”). Both comply with our District standards – any location you choose from either list has met with our seal of approval.
Ready to Apply? – GREAT!
1. Collect ALL necessary documentation below. Applications will not be accepted without all supporting documentation below. (Exceptions for required documentation are made for foster/kinship care, Refugees, Asylum seekers, and families in temporary living situations).
- Proof of child’s date of birth
- Documentation of family income
- Proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance
- Proof of Philadelphia residency
- Child’s health insurance card
- Physical (health assessment) and Immunizations
- Completed dental form
- Picture identification of parent/guardian
Note: Please bring the following if they apply to you: proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance, custody order, a copy of child’s IEP, foster letter, and/or homeless verification letter/shelter letter.
2. Fill out the application (see side bar).
3. Are you applying to a School-Based Location? Bring the application and required documentation down to 440 North Broad. We are open M-F 8:30 am – 4 pm. You can also drop off the application and supporting documentation at one of our registration events around the city.
4. Are you applying to a Community Partner Location? Take the application and supporting documents directly to that agency.
For additional information regarding prekindergarten programs or Pre-K Partnerships, please click this link.