Starting in the 2021-2022 school year, all computers (desktops and laptops, Chromebooks, iPads) are no longer tracked using the District’s Personal Property Inventory System (PPIS) in the Advantage Finance system. All computers are now managed using the Computer Inventory in the Student Information System (SIS) Census Module.
Student Chromebooks are assigned directly to students in the SIS Computer Inventory and that assignment stays with them if they transfer to other District schools. It is each school’s responsibility to manage accurate student Chromebook assignments in the SIS Computer Inventory.
All principals, assistant principals, teachers, counselors, and climate managers were assigned a Macbook centrally from the Office of Information Technology. These Macbooks are assigned directly to the employee and move with them when they transfer to another SDP school and remain in one of the previously mentioned positions. These Macbooks are not a part of the school’s inventory. When the employee leaves the District or takes a position at the central office, it is the employee’s responsibility to return their laptop to the Office of Information Technology.
All other computers are property of the school and are assigned to the school in the SIS Computer Inventory.
Student Chromebook Resources
- School 1:1 Chromebook Guidance
- Student Chromebook Inventory Stepper
- Chromebook Change Request Form (add CBs to your school’s inventory)
- Unlock Chromebook Form
Chromebook Exchange Program
- Chromebook Exchange Program Overview
- School Group Assignments
- Chromebook Exchange Program Calendar
- Chromebook Exchange Program FAQs
Inventory Management and Submission Resources
- Student Information System (SIS) Computer Inventory Management and Yearly Inventory Submission Manual
- Computer Inventory Removal Form (not to be used with Chromebooks)
- Yearly Inventory Submission Form (Schools)
- Yearly Inventory Submission Form (Central Offices)