For general information regarding enrollment, please see the Office of Student Enrollment and Placement website. Student enrollment can be completed with a Paper Application (EH-40) at the school connected to your student’s home address, online using Online Registration (OLR), or in person at the Multilingual Assessment Center (MAC).
The MAC offers specialized enrollment services for our multilingual and immigrant students and families. If you would like to enroll your student at a district school with the help of the MAC, please follow the steps below:
1. Gather required documents. In order to enroll your student, you will need:
- Proof of child’s age (one of the following is required):
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Child’s valid passport
- Original baptismal certificate indicating the child’s date of birth
- Copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth
- Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth
- Prior school records indicating the date of birth
- Immunization Record (one of the following is required):
- The child’s immunization record
- Note: If a student has just started a series for each type of shot, they may be enrolled. The student must be in the process and keeping up with the timeline of the series (e.g. student just got shot one and he/she will get shot two in thirty days).
- See this flyer, or the Office of Student Health Services Website, for full vaccination requirements!
- A written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered, or that a required series is in progress
- Verbal assurances from the former school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow
- Documented medical and religious exemptions to immunizations may apply in your student’s case.
- Proof of Address (two of the following is required):
- Valid DOT identification card
- Mortgage settlement sheet
- Current credit card bill
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, cable, telephone)
- Recent vehicle registration
- Recent property tax bill
- Voter Registration Card showing current address
- Valid driver’s license or change of address card with current address
- Recent bank statement with current address
- Letter from Social Security Office with current address
- IRS Statement or other wage and tax statements e.g. W2, 1040, 1099
- Letter from Public Assistance Office with current address
- Recent Employer Pay Stub showing current address
- Foster care/childcare and DHS letters (acceptable for registration when a student is in the care of a foster/child care agency)
- Shelter placement or residency letters (acceptable for homeless students)
- Original lease with name(s) of parents/legal guardians and children
- Signed property sales agreement, followed by original copy of settlement
- Other documentation (The MAC will consider what information is reasonable in light of each family’s situation)
2. Come to the Multilingual Assessment Center (MAC)
Open 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The MAC is located at 440 N. Broad Street, 1st Floor, Portal C – Suite 1058.
It is required to bring with you:
- Your student(s) whom you are enrolling
- Required documentation (see Step 1 for details). You will need Proof of Child’s Age, an Immunization Record, and Proof of Address, for a total of at least four documents.
Translation and interpretation will be provided to all who need those services! While the MAC closes each day at 4:30pm, it is best to arrive by 2pm to allow for enough time for enrollment.