Uniforms and school supplies are a basic right to help fully participate in school. Students experiencing homelessness are eligible to receive assistance with uniforms and specified school supplies.
The School District of Philadelphia requires all students to wear uniforms to school. Each school should be sensitive to the challenges faced by students and families experiencing homelessness. No child’s education should be interrupted due to lack of proper clothing or school supplies.
- Uniforms are available for any student Pre-K through 12th grade who qualify under McKinney Vento.
- The student/parent/guardian should let the Counselor know that they need help with getting a uniform.
- The Counselor will obtain the sizes and general demographic information for the student(s) and then fill out the corresponding Google form. NOTE: The form is available only to designated school personnel.
- The uniforms, along with a book bag and school supplies, will then be shipped to the school. Once it arrives, the Counselor should email ECYEH to confirm the student received the items.
- Shelters and other homeless providers are also able to place uniform orders.