In 2016-17, 39 schools were selected to participate in Year 1 of the Blended Learning Initiative (BLI). In 2018-19, the District selected a new cohort of 32 schools to receive support (Cohort 2). This report looks at implementation and outcomes in the first year of the second cohort and responds to six primary research questions:
- How did teachers and principals perceive BLI implementation in 2018-19?
- How did teacher perceptions in Cohort 2 differ from Cohort 1?
- How often did students use the online adaptive programs (OAPs), and how did this frequency compare to previous years?
- What were the characteristics of schools where students met the OAP usage targets?
- How frequently did staff from the Office of Educational Technology provide BLI coaching sessions, and what was the pedagogical focus?
- How did coaches rate teacher implementation of the BLI model?
Use the button to download the 39-page report.