New Student Registration

New Student Registration is Open for all Grades

Students who are new to the School District of Philadelphia should submit an Online Registration Application.
Students who attended a District School last year but moved to a new address and want to attend their new Neighborhood School,
simply connect with your new school and show two proofs of address.

IMPORTANT: If you participated in School Selection and received an approval to a school, please do not complete the online registration.
That school will contact you with next steps.  The online registration will register your child to the school connecting to your home address.

The School District of Philadelphia is currently offering families two ways to register their children into school

  • At the school connecting to the home address. However, it would be advisable for families to contact the school connected to their home address to see if they are by appointment only.  If this is the case, please be sure to schedule your appointment with the school to register your child.
  • Online Registration Process (OLR) which allows families to complete the Student Registration Process online, without coming in contact with District staff.  Before starting this process, we encourage families to follow all instructions carefully and to make sure families have all of the proper documents in electronic format.

Kindergartners are New Students Too.
Click the button below to register your child for Kindergarten.

What documents will I need in electronic format?

Acceptable documentation includes (the following are examples and not a conclusive list):

  • Child’s original birth certificate
  • Notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
  • Child’s valid passport
  • Original baptismal certificate indicating the child’s date of birth
  • Copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth
  • Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth
  • Prior school records indicating the date of birth

Find out all you need to know about Immunizations from Student Health Services.

Exemption From Immunization
(a) Medical exemption. Children need not be immunized if a physician or the physician’s designee provides a written statement that immunization may be detrimental to the health of the child.  When the physician determines that immunization is no longer detrimental to the health of the child, the child shall be immunized according to this sub-chapter.

(b) Religious exemption. Children need not be immunized if the parent, guardian or emancipated child objects in writing to the immunization on religious grounds or on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief.

Please note:  If a student has just started a series for each type of shot, they may be enrolled. The student must be in the process and keeping up with the timeline of the series (e.g. student just got shot one and they will get shot two, in thirty days).

Schools should be flexible in verifying residency, and consider what information is reasonable in light of the family’s situation.  Acceptable documentation includes:

DeedValid DOT Identification Card
Mortgage settlement sheetCurrent credit card bill / statement
Current utility bill within the last 60 days (Gas, Electric, Cable, Telephone)Recent vehicle registration
Recent Property tax billVoter Registration Card showing current address
Valid driver's license or change of address card with your current addressRecent bank statement with current address
Letter from Social Security Office with current addressIRS Statement or other wage and tax statements with current address e.g., W2, 1040 Form, 1099 Form
Letter from Public Assistance Office with current addressRecent employer Pay Stub showing current address
Original lease with name(s) of parents / legal guardiansSigned property sales agreement, followed by original copy of settlement papers within 45 calendar days of settlement
A letter from DHS or CUA is acceptable for registration when a student is in the foster care system.If you do not have proof of address due to a displaced living situation, please reach out to Education for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness for assistance (

Resources and Contact Support

Use these Procedures to help you through the registration process.

Use these Enrollment Guidelines to help you navigate through the registration process.


Please call 215-400-4290 with questions.

215-400-8480 – SHQIP
215-400-8481 – عربي
215-400-8482 – 汉语
215-400-8483 – Français
215-400-8484 – ខ្មែរ
215-400-8474 – Português
215-400-8485 – Русский
215-400-8489 – Español
215-400-8486 – Việt

Helpful videos to assist with Online Registration