New Student Registration
Early online registration for new K-12 students is OPEN NOW for the 2023-2024 school year
The School District of Philadelphia is currently offering families two ways to register their children in school:
- Register using the paper application at the school connecting to the home address. Families are encouraged to contact the school connected to their home address to see if an appointment is necessary. If so, please schedule your appointment with the school to register your child. You must bring the required enrollment documents (proof of child’s age, immunization record, and two proofs of address)
- Register using the Online Registration (OLR). The OLR allows families to complete the enrollment process online, without coming in contact with District staff. Before starting this process, we encourage families to follow all instructions carefully and have all of the proper documents in electronic format.
What documents will I need in electronic format?
Acceptable documentation includes (the following are examples and not a conclusive list):
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Child’s valid passport
- Original baptismal certificate indicating the child’s date of birth
- Copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth
- Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth
- Prior school records indicating the date of birth
Find out all you need to know about Immunizations from Student Health Services.
Exemption From Immunization
(a) Medical exemption. Children need not be immunized if a physician or the physician’s designee provides a written statement that immunization may be detrimental to the health of the child. When the physician determines that immunization is no longer detrimental to the health of the child, the child shall be immunized according to this sub-chapter.
(b) Religious exemption. Children need not be immunized if the parent, guardian or emancipated child objects in writing to the immunization on religious grounds or on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief.
Please note: If a student has just started a series for each type of shot, they may be enrolled. The student must be in the process and keeping up with the timeline of the series (e.g. student just got shot one and they will get shot two, in thirty days).
Schools should be flexible in verifying residency, and consider what information is reasonable in light of the family’s situation. Acceptable documentation includes:
|Deed||Valid DOT Identification Card|
|Mortgage settlement sheet||Current credit card bill / statement|
|Current utility bill within the last 60 days (Gas, Electric, Cable, Telephone)||Recent vehicle registration|
|Recent Property tax bill||Voter Registration Card showing current address|
|Valid driver's license or change of address card with your current address||Recent bank statement with current address|
|Letter from Social Security Office with current address||IRS Statement or other wage and tax statements with current address e.g., W2, 1040 Form, 1099 Form|
|Letter from Public Assistance Office with current address||Recent employer Pay Stub showing current address|
|Original lease with name(s) of parents / legal guardians||Signed property sales agreement, followed by original copy of settlement papers within 45 calendar days of settlement|
|A letter from DHS or CUA is acceptable for registration when a student is in the foster care system.||If you do not have proof of address due to a displaced living situation, please reach out to Education for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness for assistance (email@example.com).|
Parent Stepper & Videos of How to Complete The OLR New Student Application
Introduction and Logging on
Adding Household Information
Adding an Emergency Contact
Adding Student Information
Resubmitting an Application
Adding a Parent at a Different Address
Helpful videos to assist with Online Registration
Resources and Contact Support
Please call 215-400-4290 with questions.
215-400-8480 – SHQIP
215-400-8481 – عربي
215-400-8482 – 汉语
215-400-8483 – Français
215-400-8484 – ខ្មែរ
215-400-8474 – Português
215-400-8485 – Русский
215-400-8489 – Español
215-400-8486 – Việt