The School District of Philadelphia has launched a program to provide a monthly payment for the 2021-22 school calendar year to eligible parents who choose to opt out of bus, van or cab assignment and instead will drive their child to and from school. We are excited to announce we are further incentivizing participation in the Parent Flat Rate Program by increasing the payment to eligible families who choose to enroll. All eligible families will now receive $300 per month ($3,000 for the school year) for transporting their children to and from school. We now also offer the option for families to receive $150 per month ($1,500 for the school year) for transporting their children to school in the morning only, but still utilizing bus, van or cab service in the afternoon.
**Please note that once you are registered for the Flat Rate Program you are required to participate for the duration of the 2021-22 school year and unable to return to transportation services.
The guidelines below must be followed in order for parents/guardians to receive their monthly payment. In addition, the Parent Monthly Payment Form will need to be completed and submitted directly on the website. A link to the form can be found to the right on the sidebar. A principal or an authorized school administrator will use the same Monthly Payment Form to confirm attendance for each student.
- Once you apply for the Flat Rate Program a school representative must submit a Transportation Action Request (TAR) in order to be deemed eligible.
- All items on the form must be completed monthly and submitted through the Google Form.
- The program is only applicable for September through June.
- Students are required to attend 70% of their school’s instructional days for each given month.
- Each month an authorized school official or principal must verify the days attended for that specific month through the Monthly Payment Form.
- One form will be filled out per household. If more than one child in the household is being transported, please enter the same child’s information each month.
- The vehicle’s VIN, entered on the form, must be identical to the automobile transporting the student(s) in order for payment to be issued.
- Parents and Schools must include the Student’s Transportation ID on the monthly form (This can be found by contacting your school’s main office)
Please contact your child’s school for any questions or additional information, or fill out our response form on the sidebar to the right.