Philadelphia Futures is recruiting current 8th grade and 10th grade students for our two direct service programs. Admitted students will receive comprehensive, individualized college access and success programming including academic enrichment, college visits, tutoring, extracurricular clubs, summer programming, career exposure, college application guidance, financial incentives and support while in college!
- Students applying to the Sponsor-A-Scholar Program must be entering the 9th grade in a Philadelphia public high school in the fall of 2020.
- Applicants to the College Connection Program must be entering the 11th grade at a public, charter or parochial school in the city of Philadelphia.
- All applicants must:
- Be a first-generation-to-college student (This means that neither biological parent has a bachelor’s degree from an American college or university.)
- Earn good grades, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Meet family income guidelines. This is determined by the number of people who live in your household. We require that applicants submit proof of family income.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Students who are not U.S. citizens will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more and apply today, visit www.philadelphiafutures.org.