The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is excited to announce the winners of the 2021 Family Engagement Awards! 🎉🎉
Every October, FACE opens nominations for two awards, the Family-School Partnership Award and the Family Leadership Award to Philadelphia public schools. The Family-School Partnership Award is awarded to schools that can demonstrate exemplary practice in bridging the gap between home and school to enhance the learning and well-being of students through family and school partnerships. The Family Leadership Award recognizes outstanding family leaders in our schools who, by their actions, inspire others to volunteer and assume leadership positions that have made an important difference in the lives of our students and school communities.
- James Williams, Jay Cooke Elementary School
- Nominated by Assistant Principal Tracey Mitchell
- Linda McNulty, Stephen Decatur School
- Nominated by Teacher Jennifer Meisel-Jarema
- Momma (Gerneice) Woods, Franklin S. Edmonds School
- Nominated by Principal Wendy Sharpe
- Isameldin Abdelhalim, Joseph W. Catharine School
- Nominated by School Improvement Support Liasion Violet Bute
- John Hancock Demonstration School
- J. Hampton Moore School
- William Cramp School (with a special shout out to the school’s STEP Team)
Stay tuned for featured stories about each of these winners in upcoming editions of the Focus on FACE newsletter. Thank you all for your commitment to our schools and students!